The N.I.P.A. plan to start the 2020 racing season from Tullamore.
The race advisor has informed the management committee during this evenings Zoom meeting that weather reports indicate that Monday is the most favourable day to race, and race marking could take place on Sunday.
The race advisor will continue to check the weather reports and our next update will be on Saturday when further information on race marking will be available.
zoom committee meeting scheduled for Monday 25th May 2020 has been rescheduled
for Tuesday 26th May 2020. Monday is a Bank Holiday and the Northern Ireland
Assembly will not be meeting on that day.
The N. I.
Assembly has to pass amended legislation to permit us to race pigeons. If
this legislation goes through then the relevant departments in the N.I.
Assembly and the relevant departments in the Republic of Ireland will contact
each other and hopefully agree for racing to commence.
Racing cannot take place until all of this is agreed and signed off.
Please be patient and give all involved the space to carry out this very important work of obtaining permission.
AS SOON AS WE RECEIVE ANY FURTHER INFORMATION YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IMMEDIATELY.
committee have agreed that all club`s must purchase their own Personal Protection
A CONTACT FOR YOU IS MARTIN O`NEILL TELEPHONE
NUMBER 078 726 37872
SUPPLY FACE MASKS FOR AROUND £4.OO PER PACKET, GLOVES @£5.OO PER
PACKET and VISERS AROUND £2.00 EACH
ADVISED TO CONTACT HIM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
PROTOCOL FOR RACE MARKING WILL HAVE TO BE DRAWN UP AND ADHERED TO.
I AM ASKING CLUB`S TO EMAIL THEIR SUGGESTIONS
AND CLUB`S MUST MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO DISCUSS THEIR RACE MARKING PROCEDURES
IN LINE WITH THE GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES.
I WILL TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY ON BEHALF OF ALL OUR MEMBERS TO THANK EVERYONE WHO HAS AND IS STILL ASSISTING US TO REACH OUR GOAL.
Training can now commence under the Amendment of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 made at 7.30 p.m. on 19th May 2020 and came into operation at 11.00 p.m. on 19th May 2020 Specific regulation amendment- regulation 5(2) (restrictions on movement), after paragraph (m), insert—
(o) to take part in an outdoor activity;
(p) to take part in an outdoor gathering, in accordance with regulation 6A.”. “Restrictions on outdoor gatherings 6A. During the emergency period, a person may participate in an outdoor gathering consisting of—(i) up to six people who are not members of the same household; or (ii) any number of members of the same household.”. We Would ask all members to abide by social distancing measures as outlined by Government.
We are continuing to engage with the Northern and other jurisdictions through Mr J. Buckley M.L.A. and other representatives regarding potential future racing.
Please note at this time Thursday 21st May training from the Republic of Ireland has not been authorized. Approval is being sought and we will advise if permission is granted or not.
Training transporters can be used with social distancing measures in place.
Permission to commence racing has not been approved as yet.We will update when further information is available.
Please all take care, follow the guidance on social distancing and hygiene and act responsibly.
The N.I.P.A. held its second online committee meeting on Monday evening 11th May with a third meeting being scheduled for Monday 18th May or earlier if deemed necessary.
31 committee members logged into the meeting including our Chairman Ken Wilkinson we were all delighted to see him and he did take an active part in the meeting.
After last week`s enthusiasm , this week we are disappointed that no progress has been made. We are hopeful over the next few days we may accomplish some movement on allowing us to train our pigeons and If this should happen you will be notified immediately. If training should be allowed in Northern Ireland it will be individual training not transporter training.
TODAY TUESDAY 12TH MAY WE AWAIT A STATEMENT FROM THE DEVOLVED GOVERNMENT AT STORMONT.
IT IS UNLIKELY TO GIVE US THE PERMISSION WE ARE LOOKING FOR, HOWEVER THERE ARE LOTS OF CONTACTS BEING MADE TO LOCAL MLA S` ON THIS SUBJECT AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL MAKE PROGRESS.
THE EXISTING RULES STILL APPLY YOU MUST NOT TRAIN PIGEONS IN NORTHERN IRELAND. THERE ARE A NUMBER OF SELFISH FANCIERS STILL DELIBERATELY BREAKING THIS INSTRUCTION AND ARE CONTINUING TO TRAIN THEIR PIGEONS NOT MANY BUT ENOUGH TO BE CONCERNED THE VAST MAJORITY OF YOU ARE ABIDING BY THEM AND FOR THAT WE THANK YOU. FOR THOSE WHO STILL CHOOSE TO IGNORE THIS INSTRUCTION ALL YOU ARE DOING IS MAKING OUR EFFORTS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO GET YOU THE PERMISSION WE ALL WANT. YOU MAY ULTIMATELY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR NO PERMISSION TO BE GRANTED TO TRAIN OR RACE YOUR PIGEONS THE CHOICE IS YOURS.
IF WE RECEIVE ANY POSITIVE INFORMATION WE WILL NOTIFY YOU IMMEDIATLEY. IF YOU WISH TO LOOK AT THE R.P.R.A. SITE AND READ THE INFORMATION REGARDING TRAINING IN ENGLAND PLEASE DO SO BUT REMEMBER THIS DOES NOT COVER NORTHERN IRELAND.
HENCE I WILL NOT POST IT ON THE N.I.P.A. SITE I DO NOT WISH TO CREATE CONFUSION.
I SINCERELY HOPE THERE WILL BE SOME GOOD POSITIVE NEWS IN THE NOT TO DISTANT FUTURE.
Following tonight’s statement by the Prime Minster and the statements from the devolved Governments, the President, Vice Presidents and CEO will be meeting (Online) tonight (Sunday) to discuss the content and provide an update in relation to training and racing as soon as possible. In the meantime please continue to adhere to the current restrictions regarding training and racing Further discussions are also planned with the Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Pigeon racing on Monday. The CEO has also made contact with the Welsh Government and will be attempting to contact other devolved Governments asap Thank you.