Racing update from RPRA

RPRA PIGEON RACING AND CORONAVIRUS: UPDATE

17 March 2020

Since the Government’s latest announcement and guidance released yesterday afternoon, there have been conversations ongoing in relation to a proposed delay to the start of racing.

You will be aware that the Government’s guidance included avoiding pubs, clubs and other community gatherings. Race marking etc are classed as a community gathering.

I can now confirm that the decision has been taken to suspend all racing until 25th April 2020.

While no one wants to see racing postponed, I am sure everyone will realise and accept that this decision has been taken in the interest of all our members and the wider community.

All liberations booked prior to the 25th April 2020 will be cancelled and the liberation sites informed of this decision.

We hope that racing will commence on 25th April. However, this is very much dependent on developments, advice and guidance available at the time.

In addition clubs and organisations should consider cancelling meetings, sales and any other gathering.

Where possible all racing organisations will be informed of the above steps via email and also given further information in relation to the requirements to submit updated amended race programmes.